*A review of the best according to the editors of expertology.ru. About selection criteria. This material is subjective, is not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
Feed in the life of pets play a major role, because. dogs expend much more energy than cats or hamsters. Not the last role is played by properly selected nutrition.
It is selected for specific breeds. This is necessary so that the animal does not have problems with the gastrointestinal tract and allergic reactions. At the same time, breeders have an eternal theme, the better to feed – dry or natural products.
Preferring ready-made rations, you should be guided by the recommendations of our experts:
- Selection is carried out depending on the breed, age, lifestyle and health of the pet;
- frequency of feeding. The daily amount should be in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. The main criterion is the weight and activity of the animal;
- The breeder must provide free access to water at any time of the day;
- When using all the recommendations, the ready-made diet will provide the dog with all the necessary vital elements.
- It should be borne in mind that the industry produces three types of product:
- Standard, used regularly. Selection is carried out depending on the breed, age and size of the pet;
- Sterilized animals prone to allergies and obesity acquire specialized feed;
- Therapeutic ones belong to the superpremium class. They are used when feeding sick animals or as a prophylaxis. Apply strictly according to the recommendations of the veterinarian courses.
Advantages and disadvantages of dry food
The use of dry products is becoming not only a fashionable trend, but also provides animals with all the necessary nutrients, microelements, vitamins, etc. It is easy to purchase and pick up for a particular breed.
The main advantages are:
- No need to make a special diet and search for the right ingredients;
- Ease of feeding and determining its quantity;
- A specially selected composition provides everything you need, which eliminates the additional introduction of mineral and vitamin supplements into the diet;
- The use of dry food allows you to make long trips without disturbing the dog’s diet;
- A variety of tastes makes it possible to choose the necessary diet with specific parameters suitable for a particular pet;
- Large selection of assortment and price categories.
- Ready meals are compact. At the same time, storage does not require special conditions. They can be stored at room conditions, but in a hermetically sealed container, because. they are able to absorb moisture. When stored in an open container, they swell and deteriorate.
There are much fewer disadvantages than advantages, but one cannot but say about them:
- The use of ready-made products can cause allergic reactions. However, it should be noted that natural products cause similar diseases;
- To reduce the cost in economy class feed, manufacturers replace meat products with soy;
- Manufacturers do not always indicate the full composition of the ingredients on the packaging.
- The cost of feeding dogs with natural and dry foods is comparable. But when using ready-made rations, the breeder gets rid of the need to purchase food and prepare meals.
Experts strongly discourage feeding pets with a mixed type of food. With mixed feeding, disorders of the digestive tract occur, and with prolonged use of such a diet, serious diseases are possible.
In order to make it easier for novice breeders to choose the necessary feed, our experts have prepared a rating of high-quality ready-made diets, according to the rating.
All photos are taken from the websites of the seller or manufacturer from open sources.
The 10 Best Foods for Large Breed Dogs
Price for 1 kg.
|The 10 Best Foods for Large Breed Dogs
|Farmina N&D Natural & Delicious for Sterilized, Grain Free, Chicken & Pomegranate
|Italian Way grain free for dogs with fresh trout and blueberries, weight control and allergy prevention
|AATU Fish with Shellflsh
|1 123 ₽
|Prolife Grain Free Sensitive Medium/Large with Fresh Beef and Potatoes
|Barking Heads grain-free dog food with salmon and potatoes “You’ll lick the bowl”
|Acana grain free dog food with lamb
|1 805 ₽
|Almo Nature food for adult and senior dogs of medium and large breeds, with fresh sea fish: perch and bream
|“GO!” for puppies and adult dogs with sensitive digestion, grain-free, with venison
|Eukanuba lamb, with rice
Farmina N&D Natural & Delicious for Sterilized, Grain Free, Chicken & Pomegranate
A balanced recipe for chicken with pomegranate is designed to feed medium and large breeds of dogs 1-6 years of age. The source of protein is fresh chicken meat.
Vitamins, micro and macro elements are supplied by pomegranate. It is able to strengthen blood vessels, cleanse the body and strengthen the immune system.
Wild wheat and spelled are used as cereals. The presence in it of slow carbohydrates, high protein content, reduced gluten makes the food low allergenic. And oats supply magnesium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and amino acids.
Regular use of FARMINA feed promotes animal health, which improves the quality of life.
- Quality feed;
- Eaten completely and with pleasure;
- The granules are strong;
- Regular use improves the appearance of animals.
- Poor delivery performance.
Italian Way grain free for dogs with fresh trout and blueberries, weight control and allergy prevention
A balanced hypoallergenic composition with trout and blueberries has a reduced calorie content. Specially formulated for large breed dogs from 1 to 6 years of age.
Contains up to 95% of the animal protein found in trout and freshwater fish. High-quality granules with a small inclusion of fat.
Rosemary oil combined with blueberries promotes healthy digestion. The components are antioxidants.
According to studies by foreign veterinarians, granules are recommended for dogs prone to obesity and allergic reactions.
- It is used to prevent allergic reactions;
- Suitable for animals prone to obesity;
- Contributes to the normalization of the skin and coat;
- Acceptable price.
- There is no therapeutic effect.
AATU Fish with Shellflsh
AATU With shellfish – a ready-made mono-protein diet with fish and crustaceans (molluscs). Designed for adult dogs of all breeds.
Refers to an exclusively selected diet that provides all the necessary components – a premium class.
Contains high quality natural ingredients. Dry fish broth is used as a natural flavor.
The supplier of fats is natural salmon, rich in saturated omega fatty acids. Sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, chickpeas, peas and alfalfa are used as vegetable components. The thickener is natural tapioca starch, derived from cassava.
Dried apples, pears, plums, mulberries, cranberries, blueberries, oranges, blueberries, lingonberries are added to the granules. To improve the taste characteristics, some herbaceous plants with medicinal properties are introduced.
When compiling the recipe, English manufacturers of AATU were able to completely exclude artificial dyes and flavors from the diet, which affected the condition of the pets during feeding for the better.
This was noted by veterinarians in many countries and recommended the use of AATU for the daily diet of dogs of all breeds of different ages.
- Granules are eaten with pleasure;
- Improves the appearance of wool, normalizes digestion;
- There are no allergic reactions.
- Not regular deliveries.
Prolife Grain Free Sensitive Medium/Large with Fresh Beef and Potatoes
Represents a complete diet of grain-free mono-protein food based on high-quality beef with potatoes. The presence of beef in the finished diet guarantees a high degree of eating.
The monoprotein formulation affects the digestive tract, which is good for pets with sensitive gastrointestinal tracts. Complex supplements help maintain healthy bones, joints, skin and coat.
Supports immunity, normalizes intestinal function, normalizes microflora and prevents the development of gastrointestinal diseases.
A daily adjustment is required depending on the conditions of the dog, equipment and age. When feeding, you need to give a lot of water.
- The food is well eaten;
- Granules of medium size;
- Normalization of the gastrointestinal tract, the animal becomes mobile.
- Not regular deliveries;
- Lots of crumbs in the bag.
Barking Heads grain-free dog food with salmon and potatoes “You’ll lick the bowl”
The manufacturer has recently updated the packaging. This high quality product is intended for feeding animals from 1 to 6 years old.
Made from 100% natural salmon. Helps keep your dog’s skin and coat healthy. The recipe does not contain cereals, which guarantees the absence of gluten. Sweet potatoes, peas, herbs with medicinal properties are used as fillers.
The unique recipe provides increased immunity and complete feed intake. Barking Heads promotes healthy joints and bones. Therefore, foreign veterinarians offer it for everyday use.
- Gluten free;
- The presence of natural salmon;
- For animals prone to allergic diseases;
- Eaten with pleasure.
- Difficulties with deliveries.
Acana grain free dog food with lamb
Acana has been specially developed for feeding pets weighing over 25 kg. For a more balanced diet adapted to the natural way of life of wild relatives, chickens raised on a natural range are used.
All components are balanced, which eliminates the use of chemical flavors. The absence of fast carbohydrates such as potatoes or tapioca prevents dogs from building extra muscle mass.
A small amount of carbohydrates protects the pet from diabetes and prevents obesity. The food is recommended by Canadian veterinarians for feeding all breeds of dogs.
- Good value for money;
- The use of natural products;
- No health problems.
Almo Nature food for adult and senior dogs of medium and large breeds, with fresh sea fish: perch and bream
Almo Nature is designed for pets living with their owners in an apartment. Feeding pellets preserves their individuality. The diet is made up of quality products.
It solves the problem with digestion. The presence of rare protein in combination with Mediterranean food provides the pet with fiber and protein. This allows the intestines to function normally.
The presence of unique additives in the composition allows you to ensure the working capacity of the brain and cognitive abilities of the dog.
The diet is designed for dogs suffering from allergic predispositions and difficulties with the stomach.
- Products are exposed to minimal temperature effects;
- There are no chemical flavors in the recipe;
- Recommended for overweight older animals.
- It is necessary to select the daily rate.
Eukanuba lamb, with rice
Specially selected diet for large dogs of various breeds with gastrointestinal and skin problems.
The granules contain lamb meat seasoned with rice, which allows you to keep your pet in a healthy state.
The presence of L-carotene in the composition helps to reduce body fat in the muscles and body. Due to the unique shape of the granules and the presence of active ingredients, the deposition of tartar is reduced.
- Ensuring the health of the pet, skin, bones and wool;
- The presence of probiotics;
- High feed digestibility;
- Veterinarians recorded a decrease in the formation of tartar.
- Relatively high price.
“GO!” for puppies and adult dogs with sensitive digestion, grain-free, with venison
The entire range uses a single feed base. Thanks to this, dogs easily consume the entire line of feeds without wasting time getting used to it.
The source of protein is venison. It does not contain beef or chicken. The presence of omega oil contributes to the healthy condition of the skin and coat.
The high quality of the product is ensured by the absence of wheat, potatoes, corn, soy, by-products, growth hormones and artificial additives.
Adjustment of the daily rate is required, which depends on the weight, active lifestyle of the dog.
- Gluten free;
- Economical packaging;
- Environmentally friendly products;
- Balanced composition.
- Relatively expensive.
Rate the article
Total votes: 0rating: 0
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not an advertisement and does not serve as a purchase guide. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.