Among the original breeds that combine different features and attract four-legged lovers, they rank the mini-Doberman. However, with small sizes, there are people who are afraid of them, due to which a double opinion is formed. In order to understand everything, you need to get to know the animals better.
Description of the mini-doberman breed
Breeding of representatives of this breed began to be carried out in the middle of the 19th century, based on selection for exterior and working qualities. Currently, the mini Doberman Pinscher in the description has the following characteristics:
- miniature pinscher – noisy and playful dog;
- developed intelligence and cunning;
- needs strict education and training;
- the nervous system is stable with excessive glibness;
- the dog is self-confident and likes to dominate;
- the baby is unconditionally devoted to the owner;
- it is forbidden to start families with small children;
- when socialized, it gets along well with other animals, except for cats;
- roofs and mice are the victims of the attack of these kids;
- requires regular exercise.
What does a mini doberman look like?
Modern exhibitions are not complete without representatives of this breed. At the same time, a purebred dog miniature pinscher must meet strict parameters:
- height at the withers – 25-30 cm;
- weight – 4-5 kg;
- head in shape – a blunt wedge;
- triangular ears are set high;
- small oval-shaped eyes are dark brown;
- black nose with wide nostrils;
- jaws strong with a scissor bite;
- the body is strong and muscular;
- wide chest has an oval shape;
- the back is strong and elastic;
- the tail is saber-shaped and set high;
- limbs are straight, paws are rounded;
- the coat is thick and smooth.
Being interested in how much a mini-Doberman costs, you need to understand that the price depends on the pedigree and thoroughbred. The low cost should alert you, because healthy babies with documents that do not have any clear prospects at exhibitions will cost $150-300. The offspring of champion parents with brilliant careers will cost more, around $500.
Mini doberman character
To raise a true friend and helper from a puppy with such a disposition, experience is needed, so they are not recommended for beginner dog breeders. Mini Doberman is a breed of dog that is not at all constrained by small growth, it is so brave and self-confident. With the right upbringing, you can get an affectionate and loving dog. Pets normally treat children, but will not tolerate disrespect and will respond with aggression.
To be sociable with other pets, the Miniature Doberman Pinscher must grow up with them. In public places, it is recommended to walk with them only on a leash. With a lack of attention, it can jealously react and cause inconvenience to family members. The miniature pinscher does not like to sit still, he is inquisitive and resourceful. Having conceived something, he will definitely find a way to sneak away and carry out his plan.
Mini doberman – color
The current FCI standard only allows two shades. The miniature pinscher breed happens:
- black and tan.
Regardless of the type of tan, it should be dark and have a clear outline. In a mini-Doberman they are located:
- above the eyes;
- down the neck;
- on the chest;
- on the limbs;
- under the tail.
Cynological organizations of some countries recognize other colors:
Miniature Pinscher – pros and cons
Before finally deciding whether to get such a dog or not, you need to know all its strengths and weaknesses. Adults and puppies of the mini-Doberman breed are endowed with a number of advantages:
- miniature size, which allows you to keep the dog even in small apartments;
- good health, almost no hereditary diseases;
- endurance, which is convenient for long walks;
- excellent sense of smell and excellent hearing;
- lack of undercoat, which is important for allergy sufferers;
- not picky about food;
- lack of dog odor;
- ease of learning.
In addition to the positive qualities, there are some disadvantages that you need to get acquainted with. This may include:
- mini doberman hyperactive;
- cockiness and desperate character;
- shrill barking;
- alertness to strangers;
- poor reaction to loneliness;
- the need for long walks;
- love for digging the earth;
- the need for a wardrobe in the cold season;
- submission only to authority in their eyes.
Mini doberman – care
Animals do not require serious attention, but there are subtleties that are recommended to be familiar with. This may include:
- The miniature pinscher dog suffers from the rapid growth of claws. Haircut is carried out once every two weeks.
- Erect ears should be regularly cleaned of dust and dirt. Use wet cotton pads.
- Teeth are cleaned several times a week. Get a special paste and a finger pad.
- The coat is brushed once a week. You need to buy a soft brush.
- Bathing is rarely required. It is recommended to do this no more than a couple of times a year.
- During walks in the cold season, the dog must constantly be in motion so as not to freeze. When it rains, it is better to reschedule the walk. If the dog gets wet, it is quickly dried and warmed.
What to feed a mini doberman?
The baby menu should be balanced. You can use ready-made food or natural products. Adults need up to 500 g of meat per day. The number of feedings is related to the age of the dog:
- 1 month – 5.7 times;
- 2 months – 3.4 times;
- 5 months – up to 3 times;
- from 6 months – 2 meals a day.
A mini Doberman dog will happily consume food from trusted brands: Orijen Original, NOW FRESH, Acana Heritage. When compiling a diet from natural products, it is recommended to include in the menu:
- boiled offal;
- dairy products;
- sea fish;
Prohibited products include:
- food from the master’s table;
Ear cropping in miniature pinscher
It is important to remember that such a procedure is not enshrined in the breed standard. Currently, it is of a cosmetic nature, because properly erect ears give the appearance of an animal elegance. The most suitable period for the procedure is up to the 3rd month. life. Having decided to conduct it, you need to know the rules of preparation:
- the dog must be healthy;
- auricle clean;
- 12 hours stop feeding;
- for 3 hours they do not give water.
The mini-Doberman breed after surgery needs rehabilitation:
- on the first day they feed several times;
- painkillers can be mixed into food;
- purchase or construct a protective collar;
- after removing the bandages, they are treated with a healing cream;
- when everything heals, the ears are correctly placed and fixed with a band-aid;
- it is removed after 3 days, and after a break of a day, it is done again.
Miniature Pinscher training
The breed is endowed with high learning abilities. During education, it is important to apply love and affection, but at the same time not to spoil the puppy. The best time to start is at 3 months of age. The first lessons should be carried out in a playful way, if possible, it is important to correct character traits. It is necessary to build lessons with animals on two principles: the sequence of actions and repetition.
So that the mini-Doberman miniature pinscher does not try to take a leading position, the owner must be calm, self-confident and firm in his own intentions. The dog will quickly master the equipment for training, it will not be difficult for him to take a height of 5 times his height. The combination of ability and high agility make the breed one of the best that show excellent results in agility.
Clothes for miniature pinscher
Many owners, trying to somehow distinguish their pet, buy him different suits. Although for a comfortable life, the Royal Pinscher only needs clothes that will protect from cold and rain. The choice must be made taking into account the rules:
- clothing should not restrict movement;
- only high quality fabric;
- the seams are processed in such a way as not to rub the skin;
- fasteners are secure.
A short-haired dog needs to purchase the following items: