The realities of modern life are such that animals often have to remain alone for a long time. In order not to have to ask your friends or relatives to feed your pets, you can purchase a device such as an automatic dog feeder that will not let the animal stay hungry.
What is a dog feeder?
The device is a design that includes several containers and a certain mechanism that dispenses portioned food to the pet. Depending on the type of dog, containers of different sizes are installed. Such devices are useful in case of:
- departure of the owner for a few days;
- if necessary, fractional nutrition.
An automatic feeder with a timer for dogs will provide the animal with food without compromising health, the dosage will be such that the pet will not have to starve, but it will not work either. Batteries are the power source for these devices. There are models where the program is installed manually or automatically. The cost of the device is directly related to the degree of complexity of the work, the presence of the display and the pricing policy of the manufacturer of the goods.
The principle of operation of the feeder
The main function of this device is that the dog must receive food at the specified time, and receive the required portion. The principle of operation of the automatic feeder for dogs of large and small breeds is as follows:
- Feed is poured into the main container.
- From it, the required portion is moved to the tray.
- During the specified period of time, the animal gets access to the feed.
Automatic feeder options
Currently on sale you can find different types of devices:
- Segment with timer. These adjustable automatic dog feeders resemble large bowls with a lid. Inside there are compartments designed to accommodate one serving. Segments can be 4-6. After the allotted time, access to one of the segments is opened.
- Hinged lid. Suitable for one-time feeding, because at a certain time the lid opens, providing access to food. This option is suitable for dry and wet food. This is an excellent device for representatives of large breeds.
- bowl with container. It is a continuous food supply system. Feed is fed into the bowl immediately after the animal has eaten a portion. This is the easiest and most budget option without automation.
Automatic feeder for dogs – rating
The popularity of the device has led to the emergence of a large number of models. Some of the most popular on the market are:
- SMART HD PET FEEDER PF03. Management is carried out thanks to interactive control.
- FEED-EX PF100. Automatic feeder for large dogs. Tank volume 10 l. The device is powered by the network.
- STEFANPLAST BREAK RESERVE. Automatic feeder budget type. It does not have a dosing function.
- SITITEK PETS TOWER-5. Suitable for a variety of animals thanks to the 5L tank volume.
- PETWANT PF-105. The automatic dog feeder with a timer consists of 5 compartments, the animal has access to each at a certain time.
- BEEZTEES CAT MATE C3000. Suitable for small dog breeds. You can program the dispensing time, portion size and frequency of feeding.
Do-it-yourself dog feeder
Knowing how to handle the tool and wanting to save the family budget, you can make such a device yourself. An automatic feeder for large and small dogs is assembled from materials:
- mechanisms from electric clocks;
- containers of suitable size;
- plywood sheet;
- hot glue;
- polymer clay.
Creating an automatic feeder for different dogs includes the following steps:
- Sections for feed are molded from clay. In the center, a recess is created for the clock mechanism.
- Make a lid. A circle is cut out of plywood, in which a hole is made that repeats the shape and size of the feed section.
- Inside the case, a clock mechanism is installed and fixed. The lid is glued to the clock hand.
- When the mechanism moves, the lid will rotate with it, opening the section.