Cat food brands
Monge is one of the oldest dog and cat food companies in the world. The branded diet for pets is known in Europe and around the world. A wide variety of products allows you to choose the right food for each pet. The obvious advantage is the availability of special medical complexes in the assortment.
Monge pet food is made in Italy. In Russia, the name sounds like “Monge” or “Monge”. Monge & CS pa is committed to providing the market with food close to class super premium. But due to the fact that it contains corn gluten, it is often referred to as for premium food.
The brand was founded in 1963 by Baldazar Monge, the owner of a small poultry farm. An enterprising businessman supplied products to elite restaurants. One day he came up with the idea of how to use offal remaining after slaughtering and butchering a bird. Thus, from what previously went for disposal, we got canned food for animals.
In the 60s, the production of ready-made rations for animals was just beginning to develop, and the business of Senor Monge went uphill. On his farm, the birds were raised on high-quality and environmentally friendly feed. This allowed the businessman to produce elite food, the benefits of which were quickly appreciated by pet owners. The food was also appreciated by four-legged consumers.
The brand has been producing exclusively wet food and preserves for animals for many years. And in 2009 the company mastered a new direction – dry rations for cats and dogs. To date, the country of origin, as before, is Italy. Monge’s own factory produces 400 tons of dry food and 1 million cans every day.
Products comply with all European quality standards. It completely lacks components that adversely affect the body of animals or are addictive. No traces of flavorings, dyes, flavor enhancers and synthetic preservatives.
Feed is made from raw materials supplied from Monge’s own poultry farms.. The poultry is still grown only on natural feed, without the use of hormones and antibiotics. The high quality of raw materials is evidenced by the fact that chickens, ducks and turkeys from the poultry farm are bought by the most elite restaurants.
Rations for feeding animals Monge produces on high-tech equipment in compliance with all sanitary standards and necessary conditions. Dehydrated and wet foods smell appetizingly of natural fresh meat. The brand has its own research department, where technologists develop all new products.
Monge dry and wet foods differ from their counterparts in a balanced composition and an increased percentage of meat ingredients. For example, in the composition of dry food for adult dogs, 50% boar meat is declared. Of these, 35% are sublimated and 15% are fresh products. The remaining components are represented by cereals, vegetables, plant extracts. Contains no soy!
The food is enriched with a complex of vitamins and microelements, including vitamins A, E, C, D, B6, valuable acids, calcium, phosphorus and L-carnitine. For proper digestion, it contains new generation probiotics and the right level of fiber. The nutritional content of the product is higher than that of cheaper rations. On average, 280-300 g of Monge feed corresponds to 400-450 g of the budget option. The energy value of the nutritional diet is 420 kcal/100 g.
It is a high protein, low carbohydrate food. satisfies the daily need of the animal in the necessary vitamins and trace elements.
Monge products are divided into three main areas:
- dry pieces;
- wet food,
- veterinary nutrition.
Dry rations are made from dehydrated meat raw materials. Wet (canned) foods are available in the form of pâtés or processed meat pieces. For breeders, it is important that Holistic food is absolutely safe, which is confirmed by research by Roskachestvo. And completely natural. In a balanced composition, the main supplier of protein is fresh meat. High quality distinguishes each component in the composition. Ingredients are carefully selected and checked for the absence of foreign impurities.
In the production of dry and wet food, rosemary and tocopherols are used as additives. Food retains taste and nutritional value until the end of the shelf life. The ration is supplied in a huge assortment, including a medical nutrition line.
The Monge brand produces more than 20 types of food for felines. The basic line consists of the following diets.
- Indoor. Special design for pets. The composition of the feed fully covers the needs of individuals with low physical activity.
- adult. High protein dry food for adult pets on their own.
- hair ball. Formula designed for long haired cat breeds. Helps naturally remove hair from the stomach.
- kitten. Nutrition for kittens and cats during pregnancy. High protein diet with valuable fats. Monoprotein Trout Kitten – food with trout. Good for pets allergic to avian protein.
- Senior. For the elderly (from 7 years). Small, streamlined granules that are easy to chew.
- Urinary Feed. For the prevention of KSD due to optimal pH.
- Monoprotein. A line of 5 varieties of canned food.
- Sterilized cat. Fibre-enriched food for neutered and neutered cats with a tendency to gain weight.
Cat food can also be selected from products in a specialized line:
- dry daily diet classic (Daily);
- dry functional food (Functional);
- natural canned food (Natural), including seafood or tuna and salmon;
- a grain-free diet as close as possible to natural diet in the wild (BWild);
- veterinary mono-protein and grain-free food (Grain Free Veterinary Diets).
Specialized feeds are created taking into account the individual characteristics of each cat, which makes it possible to choose the right food for the most demanding individual. All canned food contains pieces of exclusively fresh meat (not ground), a set of vitamins, microelements, polyunsaturated fatty acids, taurine, fructooligosaccharides and no more than 1% of rice. The dehydrated foods are conveniently packaged in 400g, 1.0kg, 1.5kg and 10kg packs.
The dosage is determined according to the table on the package (by weight and age of the pet).
Veterinary medical nutrition is not intended for the treatment of individual organs of the animal. It contributes to the normalization of the general condition of the pet and support for good health. Food with a powerful antioxidant superoxide dismutase improves metabolism, actively fights free radicals.
The manufacturer also produces a more budget food Gemon. The assortment offers a variety of lines and types of dry and wet food for cats and cats.
The brand produces several types of dog menu:
- wet (pate, pieces);
- medicinal diets.
Each line includes several different series. The company’s range covers all breeds of dogs. Monge medicated food includes a dietary diet and a complex of vitamins and minerals. They are also supplemented with healing herbs and components that support the body. The full composition of each diet is indicated on the product packaging. The consumption of food per day is also indicated there, based on the weight and dimensions of the pet.
Nutritious feed saturates the body with protein. Its main source is meat ingredients. Its content in the diet is up to 20-30% of the total mass. In addition to the traditional flavors with chicken and beef, the range also includes rabbit and fish rations. A hearty meal can be supplemented with potatoes and vegetables.
There are several main types of dog food.
- adult – food series for adult dogs. Suitable for all breeds. The group is represented by 6 varieties. The diet is selected according to the size and age of the dog. The nutritional formula is suitable for dogs 5 years of age and older. Formulated with special elements to support your pet. Contains antioxidants that slow down the aging process.
- specialty line – a diet with different types of protein for dogs prone to allergic reactions. Suitable for pets with digestive problems.
- Grain Free Line – a grain-free line for adherents of a meat diet. Indicated for the nutrition of individuals with an allergy to gluten.
- BWild Line – special series. There will be unusual tastes of meat of wild birds and animals to choose from: food with duck, ostrich meat, buffalo and wild boar meat, with venison. Nutrition of increased energy value for dogs of sporting and hunting breeds. For adult individuals with a developed hunting instinct, especially active, wasting a lot of energy. High-protein nutrition is as close as possible to the food obtained during the hunt.
There are also special lines for puppies.
- Puppy & Junior – a special series for puppies, reinforced with minerals for the full development of a growing organism. The feed, which includes components to replenish energy resources, is suitable for pregnant and lactating females. Restores strength and maintains appetite. The group is represented by 6 varieties of the product.
- Mini Puppy Lamb/Rice. Healthy food for puppies of small breeds. Ideal for dogs prone to allergic inflammatory reactions. Lamb and rice are both highly digestible protein and carbohydrate sources, making this diet great for dogs with digestive problems.
- Mini Puppy & Junior. A complete and balanced diet for puppies of small breeds. The food is well absorbed and contributes to the proper development of the puppy. Increased protein and fat content.
- Maxi Puppy & Junior. An optimally balanced diet for puppies of large breeds is perfectly digestible and contributes to the proper development of the puppy. With L-carnitine, glucosamine and chondroitin.
Another grain-free series is Veterinary Diets. Designed for pets with various diseases or functional disorders. It is suitable for:
- gastroenterological pathologies;
- skin diseases;
- renal failure;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- diabetes mellitus;
- liver diseases.
Herbal ingredients help to digest food easier, maintain a healthy intestinal microflora. The composition has added components that control free radicals and help the body recover (vitamin E, zinc and selenium).
- Dermatosis – a good choice for restoring skin functions in dermatological diseases and excessive hair loss in dogs.
- Gastrointestinal is a complete dry dietary chicken food for adult dogs to eliminate the symptoms of indigestion. Contains melon juice concentrate to neutralize free radicals, horse chestnut to support intestinal health.
Wet foods are available in the following series.
- Monoprotein. The group is represented by pates or meat pieces in portion trays (150 g) and cans (400 g). Monoprotein varieties of soft food contain only one protein, which prevents the occurrence of an allergic reaction. Rations are recommended for animals with special food sensitivities.
- Fresh. Balanced moist complete food without added sugar. The component composition is supplemented with fruits or berries. The addition of citrus and apple components is necessary to enrich the diet of adult dogs with insufficient physical activity. Berries supply the body with additional trace elements and improve its general condition.
- Grill. Grain-free food with glucosamine and chondroitin to prevent joint problems and maintain pet health.
Wet food is very nutritious, rich in fats, and has excellent taste. They are very popular with dogs, but are not recommended for daily use. Their vitamin formula is not as powerful as dry food.
Overview of reviews
Monge brand feeds have been known on the Russian market for many years. During this time, pet owners have managed to form different opinions about them. Dog breeders note that in some branded feeds, the content of corn is increased, which does not allow the diet to be classified as super premium. Experienced breeders talk about some discrepancy between the actual amount of fat and what is indicated on the packaging by the manufacturer. Also, not everyone is satisfied with the increased amount of calcium in the feed.
Any medicated brand food can be given to pets only as directed by a veterinarian. Specialized nutrition cannot be assigned to an animal at its own discretion. Therefore, you can buy it only in veterinary pharmacies or specialty stores.
Buyers like the food due to its enriched composition and lower consumption compared to other categories. Of the minuses – the necessary food is not always on sale and not every owner can afford to buy it.
In general, in its segment, this is an excellent quality food, made under the strict control of technologists and according to the recommendations of experienced dog breeders. A wide range allows you to choose the optimal diet for your four-legged friend, focused on his taste preferences and features of development and body.